Wednesday, November 7, 2007

My Return to Fishing

Welcome to my new blog about fishing on Oahu. I've actually been fishing since I was about 5 years old. My family used to spend a lot of time on the North Shore of Oahu having bbq's and fishing at Haleiwa. As I got older, I dabled in Ulua/Papio fishing thru high school and college.

After college I moved to California and my fishing adventures took a back seat to career and family. I did some fresh water trout fishing and some pier fishing down in Santa Cruz, but these were few and far between.

I've since moved back to Hawaii and plan to start fishing again. My buddy Jon is a hardcore fisherman and will most likely be my fishing buddy. It's always good to fish with a buddy in case of emergencies *knock on wood*.

Unfortunately most of my gear has either been thrown away or left on the mainland so I've slowly been acquiring some new gear. I recently purchased a 10' Nitro Surf medium/heavy rod for all around usage. Additionally, I also picked up a Daiwa Exceler 4000 which I will be loading with 20lb PowerPro line. I still have my Ulua gear from my younger days but I'm not sure how much Ulua fishing I'll be doing. I'll probably spend a lot of time whipping and dunking for small game.

My plan is to keep a record of my fishing trips (catch or not) and update this site... Hopefully I'll have some successful fishing stories to tell soon.

No comments: